Wanna see Eiffel Tower in Paris or Colosseum in Rome? Wanna try biking in Amsterdam or exploring a castle in Prague? Getting a Schengen Visa is the first step to fulfill your European dream. 🙂
WHAT IS SCHENGEN TOURIST VISA?
Schengen Visa is a 90-day (max) tourist visa that allows you to visit 26 countries in Europe.
WHAT COUNTRIES ARE COVERED BY SCHENGEN VISA?
- Czech Republic
For more info, click HERE
WHAT EMBASSY SHOULD I APPLY FOR A SCHENGEN VISA?
There are lots of European Embassies that can give you Schengen Visa. Apply to the Embassy of the country where you will stay the most.
APPLY ONLY IN FRENCH EMBASSY IF
- France is your sole destination
- You will travel in France and other Schengen countries but you will stay in France longer.
For example, you have a total of 10 days and you will cover 3 countries; 3 days each for Italy and Netherlands and 4 days in France. You should apply at the French Embassy. It doesn’t matter if your point of entry is Italy or Netherlands.
PS: If you will travel 3 days per country (9 days), you should apply to the country of your first entry.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR SCHENGEN VISA (TOURIST VISA)?
Requirements for Schengen Visa (SHORT STAY/TOURISM – Less than 90 days)
- Signed Schengen Application Form –with photo (Photo Guide)
- Passport (valid at least 3 months after your return)
- Travel Insurance with minimum coverage of €30,000
- Bank Certificate and Statement of Account (3 months from the month of your application)
- Certificate of Employment with monthly salary, Approved Leave of Absence, Payslips
- Latest Personal Income Tax Return (ITR/Form 2316)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate and Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Official Business Registration for current and previous year (if self employed)
- Round Trip Airline RESERVATION
- Day to Day Itinerary
- Proof of Accommodation:
- Hotel RESERVATION (for the whole stay in Schengen area)
- If someone will host you in France, they need to provide ATTESTATION D’ACCUEIL
- If someone will host you from Philippines, they need to provide the ff:
– Affidavit of Support
– Bank Certificate, Statement of Account, BIR 2316 of your host
– SEC Registration and Business Permit (if your host owns a business)
WHEN SHOULD I APPLY FOR A VISA?
You can apply 3 months before your planned departure date. For example, you want to go to Europe in May; you can apply as early as February. I suggest you apply as early as possible so you can still get some cheap airfares (booking a flight becomes more expensive as the departure date becomes nearer).
You can also choose your preferred date of appointment for submission of documents and biometrics.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHENGEN VISA VIA FRANCE WEBSITE
- Fill up the visa application form
- Complete the required documents/requirements
- Schedule an appointment at the visa centre
PS: If you will stay in a hotel, make a reservation before answering the online form.
Below are the step by step guide:
Create an account viaFrance Visa Application
2. Fill up the Application Form
The form is divided into 5 parts:
- Your Plans
What’s the purpose of your visit? What type of Visa are you applying for?
2. Your Information
3. Your Previous Visas
If you applied for a Schengen visa before, this part will ask you the validity of your previous visa and the collection date of biometrics/fingerprints.
4. Your Stay
Indicate the details of your stay like total days of travel, planned date of arrival and departure in Schengen Area and number of entries requested (single or multiple).
NOTE: You have to be sure on the travel dates you are going to declare in your application. Most of the time, embassy will just grant you a visa based on your declared dates. For example, the travel dates I stated in my itinerary was April 24 to May 9 and the Embassy only gave me 4 days extension (April 23-May12).
5. Your Contacts
Provide the information of your contacts during your stay in France. There are 3 options as seen below, click what applies to you.
For those who will stay in a hostel/hotel:
If you notice, the country tab is greyed out and France is automatically stated there. Enter the details of your hotel/hostel in France. You don’t need to input the details of your other accommodation (if you will visit other countries in Europe) Just remember to bring the hotel vouchers/reservation forms on the day of requirement submission at VFS.
3. Complete your supporting documents
Supporting documents differ based on your answers in the online form.
Below are the requirements for tourist visa applicants staying in a hotel in France
If you’re okay with the supporting documents list, you can click continue and proceed schedule an appointment via VFS. If you think you need some time to prepare the requirements, just SAVE the application and just come back to the site and submit when you’re ready.
Print your application form and the list of supporting documents.
4. Register/Sign up at VFS Global France Website and book an appointment.
After choosing an appointment date, print the confirmation letter. The letter is your ticket to enter the VFS France Visa Application Center.
VFS Global – France Visa Application Center
|ADDRESS||CONTACT NUMBER||PROCESSING TIME||VISA FEE||HANDLING FEE (VIA/VFS)|
|Mezzanine Floor, Ecoplaza Bldg., Don Chino Roces Ave. Extension, Makati City, 1231 Philippines||
+632 790 4903
|5-15 days||(as of April 20, 2018)||€ 60||
PS: Approved or disapproved/withdrawn, visa + handling fees are non-refundable.